- Students will study creative writing conventions and dynamic performance techniques with the some of the most accomplished spoken word artists in the last decade.
- Students will learn the roots and tradition of the spoken word movement, including the 30-year history of the poetry slam competition.
- Students will acquire critical-thinking skills to be applied in their creative and academic writing.
- Students will develop ample performance experience in a safe and supportive environment.
- Students will engage in meaningful discourse by connecting with students and counselors from different backgrounds and ideologies.
Since Slam Camp,
I feel like I have become a much better person in general. I am less judgmental of people's actions and opinions and I tend to forgive and love more often than I don't. [I am now] studying Creative Writing with a focus in Poetry at Bowling Green State University.
- Keaghan, Slam Camp Alum 2016